A vacancy has arisen in the office of Christine Jardine for a part time Constituency Assistant.
Job Title: Part time Constituency Assistant
Working for: Christine Jardine MP
Salary: 3 days a week, full time equivalent salary range £22,000 to £32,000 dependent on experience.
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term.
Christine Jardine is looking to appoint a part time constituency assistant to fulfil an important role within the existing team. The position would be for three days a week (Friday and two others) 9am to 5pm, with occasional out of hours work on constituency surgeries. The ideal candidate will be well organised, patient and enjoy working with a wide variety of people on a wide range of tasks covering casework, research and administration. May suit someone with previous experience in a customer or public facing role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Helping Christine to manage and progress a portfolio of casework for constituents.
- Dealing sensitive queries from members of the public, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns as appropriate.
- Liasing with local and national government agencies, the voluntary sector, healthcare organisations and others such as local councils or social landlords to help resolved issues that constituents face.
- Ensure that all cases are logged methodically with any actions taken and outstanding queries followed up on a timely basis.
- Adhering to the highest standards of integrity, Data Protection Act principles and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times.
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications.
- Good telephone manner.
- The ability to work in a sensitive and confidential way at all times.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software and a willingness to pick up skills using new software when required.
- An ability to take the initiative and work independently & proactively to manage competing deadlines.
You will report to Christine’s constituency-based office manager and the appointment will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Due to the requirement of confidentiality and close collaboration with Christine and other members of a small team this role is not considered suitable for regular working, however we do endeavour to be flexible at times.
Closing date: 16 December
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will be held in the week starting 3rd January.
Application Details: Interested applicants should send a CV and a covering letter to [email protected]